Monday, October 10, 2022

Vixen Dresses Retro Inspired Dresses Page 2

barbara maitland dress

I though a lot about how I would like to add the teeth, and ended up landing on just using plaster of Paris. I balled up small strips and got it wet, bunching it up into a mushy little square and sticking it inside the jaw. Using the bottom tip of a paintbrush, I dented the insides of the mushy square to make it more tooth-like.

barbara maitland dress

In retrospect, I would have made this much larger/closer to the edge of the mask. Because I made the lower jaw a bit too close to the nose, I opted to just make the teeth out of paper and glue them on. I hot glued the black nylon to the inside of the eyes to see out of.

Never Trust the Living, Beetlejuice, soft sleeper tank/camisole

Use the air dry clay to shape three stretch marks on either side of the mask and add an upper ridge line to the tops of the eyes. Drama ensues, “Beetlejuice” is banished and the Maitlands and family decide to live together peacefully. A new family moves in and the couple tries desperately to scare them off. When planning for Halloween we love to binge watch our favorite, cult classic spooky movies. Beetlejuice is, of course, at the top of the list!

barbara maitland dress

I found doing this in front of a fan was helpful in the teeth drying quicker and sitting still. To make the mounds for the eyes, I crumpled up balls of newspaper, wrapped them in foil and taped them up top. Again I covered the entire mask in aluminum foil. You may notice an additional flap on top, that is to begin the upper layer of skin that is separate from the gums.

Beetlejuice - Adam Barbara

I then paper mached the entire mask and painted it when it dried. I added a strap to the back to hold it on his head. I added black netting behind the opening of the mouth to conceal my face and added padding for my chin to rest on. I added elastic straps to the back of the mask and concealed it with a brown wig.

barbara maitland dress

Even in sleep, Delia does not let down her sartorial defences, as she lies swathed in black chiffon and smudged lipstick. Perhaps her overt style also reads as a defence mechanism? Critics berate and negatively critique her work, even her agent who reminds her she will always be a “flake”.

Beetlejuice Barbara Maitland Spooky Embroidery Halloween Hoop Art Gift Tim Burton Wall Decor

In the original script her mother Evelyn and her father Charles Deetz are divorced and she remains in New York. She joins Otho as the Deetz's dinner guests. Her biological mother does not appear in the final film nor is she mentioned.

It may help to trim off a section of the poster board with scissors so that you can get the right angle. I would love to see your finished costumes!! I absolutely love how authentic this mask looks! These creepy masks totally make this Beetlejuice costume over the top.

I then covered the cardboard in soft foam and connected the mouth pieces. I painted the outside and cut out two holes in the top for the eyes. I then glued on two eyeballs on top of the tongue made out of an eyeball ring I found. These are third party technologies used for things like interest based Etsy ads.

barbara maitland dress

No comments:

Post a Comment